- Locate library sources by title, author, subject, and keyword (may only be accessed from school campuses).
http://wcl.http://wcl.ploud.net/.net/ (Ward County Library)
- Card catalogs of most West Texas libraries may be searched by author, subject or title by simply entering the information in the search window.
- Click Advanced Search and use the pull down menu to limit the location and availability to Ward County Library.
- You do not need to be logged in to conduct a search.
Britannica Online School Edition
- Contains over 123,000 encyclopedia articles on any subject plus links to magazine articles and useful websites
- Sixteen databases/resources from Gale. This is a statewide database program for K-12 public schools.
Infotopia Search Engine
- A search engine for selected information and reference sites: art, social sciences, history, biography, magazines, newspapers, encyclopedias, dictionaries, physics, biology, lesson plans.
Virtual LRC Search Engine
- The mission of the Virtual Learning Resources Center is to index thousands of the best academic information websites, selected by teachers and library professionals worldwide, in order to provide to students and teachers current, valid information for school and university academic projects!
Purdue OWL Formatting and Style Guide
Summary: MLA (Modern Language Association) style is most commonly used to write papers and cite sources within the liberal arts and humanities. This resource, updated to reflect the MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers (7th ed.) and the MLA Style Manual and Guide to Scholarly Publishing (3rd ed.), offers examples for the general format of MLA research papers, in-text citations, endnotes/footnotes, and the Works Cited page.
Contributors:Tony Russell, Allen Brizee, Elizabeth Angeli, Russell Keck, Joshua M. Paiz, Purdue OWL Staff
Last Edited: 2012-02-09 02:28:58
- Citation machine helps students and professional researchers to properly credit the information that they use. Its primary goal is to make it so easy for student researchers to cite their information sources, that there is virtually no reason not to -- because...
- SOMEDAY THE INFORMATION THAT SOMEONE ELSE WANTS TO USE...WILL BE YOURS!
- Consists of map quizzes and games to test your knowledge of georaphy.
Interactive Educational Games
- Interactive games is especially good for U.S. and world geography review. It also includes review games for language arts, health, science and math topics.
Think Through Math
- Think Through Math is a research-based math intervention system designed to support students who are struggling with mathematics. The program transitions students to the rigor of the Common Core State Standards and prepares them for Algebra and beyond
Interactive puzzles and word games
Latin and Greek root words
Literature vocabulary lists